Government Contracts Alumni Interest Group
The goal of The George Washington Government Contracts Alumni Interest Group is to provide for a comprehensive network of Government Contracts practitioners throughout the United States and beyond, to discuss and debate the constant changing law as it applies to government contracts, and to promote and support the Government Procurement Program at The George Washington University Law School.
- Provide for GW Law Alumni and Friends specific gatherings at Government Contract events throughout the year, such as networking dinners with distinguished alumni and post-exam happy hours
- Gather once per year at the Thompson West Annual Government Contracts Year in Review for an Alumni/Friends Luncheon
- Advertise and encourage participation in various Government Contract related educational programs throughout the country and at GW Law
- Encourage networking amongst other Government Contracts practitioners throughout the country
- Establish and promote fundraising efforts for the Nash/Cibinic Chair and other Government Procurement related items at GW Law
Membership in the Government Contracts Alumni Interest Group is open to anyone who graduated from GW Law and who works in the Government Procurement field.
If you would like to be a part of The George Washington Government Procurement Alumni Interest Group (or if you think that your address has not been updated), please send your name, address, telephone, and preferred e-mail address to email@example.com. Please include “Government Contracts Alumni Interest Group” in the subject, and your affiliation (degree and class year) in the body of the e-mail.
Group events are publicized in the GW Law alumni newsletter, Government Contracts at GW Law group on Facebook, and the GW Law Alumni calendar of events. No formal membership in the group is required to participate in events.
The executive committee consists of a dedicated group of alumni, student, and faculty representatives. Executive committee members are expected to participate in regular planning conference calls, and to volunteer to co-host and plan one event each calendar year. For more information or to be included in planning meetings, please email Kristine Kassekert (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Currently serving on the executive committee of the Government Contracts Alumni Interest Group are:
Student and Alumni Representatives
J.D. '01, LL.M. Candidate
Tara L. Ward
Faculty and Staff Representatives
Director, U.S. Students Graduate Programs
Steven L. Schooner, LL.M. '89
Associate Professor of Law & Co-Director of the Government Procurement Law Program
Joshua I. Schwartz
Professor of Law & Co-Director of the Government Procurement Law Program
Associate Professor of Government Contracts Law & Co-Director of the Government Procurement Law Program