Information for Students
Under the supervision of clinic director Professor Alberto Benítez, students handle a variety of immigration law matters including representing aliens, writing comments to proposed federal regulations, and disseminating information to the public.
To be eligible for admission students must:
- Have completed Immigration Law 6538.
- Take the Clinic for six credits.
- Be able to complete all clinic work in the clinic building.
- Attend a two-hour clinic seminar every week during the semester.
- Be prepared to carry out their duties in a professional manner.
- Factors that will render a student ineligible: Working a paid job during the semester (other than a position as the clinical program’s student director or as a research assistant for a GW law professor).
- Factors that may render a student ineligible at the Clinic Director’s discretion: Having time constraints during the semester, including but not limited to journals, unpaid internships, excessively demanding courses, extensive job interviews, and joint degree responsibilities.
- For more information, please login to the Portal.
A complete set of application instructions is posted approximately one month prior to the registration period for the following semester.