J.D. Application Checklist
Applicants may submit their applications for fall admission beginning September 15.
All applicants must submit:
- A Law School Admission Test (LSAT) score earned within the past five years. Scores will be sent to the Law School directly by LSAC via the Credential Assembly Service (CAS);
- An application form and fee submitted online at LSAC. Need-based application fee waivers may be obtained through LSAC.
- A personal statement and resume with the application.
- Transcripts sent to CAS by all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended.
- At least one letter of recommendation/evaluation submitted to CAS.
Qualifications for Admission to the Bar
In addition to a bar examination, there are character, fitness, and other qualifications for admission to the bar in every U.S. jurisdiction. Applicants are encouraged to determine the requirements for any jurisdiction in which they intend to seek admission by contacting the jurisdiction. Addresses for all relevant agencies are available through the National Conference of Bar Examiners.