Latino Law Alumni Association
The George Washington Latino Law Alumni Association (“LLAA”) was established in 2006. The LLAA’s mission is to develop a vibrant network of Latino alumni and students; to support their personal, academic, and professional development; to promote their advancement in the legal profession; and to promote the recruitment and advancement of Latino students, faculty, and satff at the Law School.
To accomplish this mission, the LLAA will engage in a number of programs and activities, such as:
- Connecting with alumni and students through mentoring programs focused on academic counseling and career guidance, and through social networking events
- Providing opportunities for professional development and advancement by promoting job and internship opportunities to alumni and students, and organizing professional events
- Developing relationships with GW Law deans and administrators to lobby for the recruitment and advancement of Latino students, faculty, and staff
- Attracting Latino student applicants and supporting Latino law students by expanding scholarship opportunities
Learn More About the LLAA Scholarship Fund
The LLAA is excited to announce the establishment of an annual scholarship for GW Latino law students. Over the course of the coming year, we will raise funds to provide financial assistance to qualified Latino J.D. degree candidates with the goal of awarding an initial scholarship in the fall of 2013. Please visit this link to learn more about the LLAA Scholarship Fund.
Becoming Part of the LLAA
The LLAA is made up of the following committees:
- Membership - chaired by Sergio Oehninger, JD 2002
- Fundraising - chaired by Sam Jammal, JD 2007
- External Affairs - chaired by Andres Castrillon, JD 2007
The LLAA is currently seeking chairs for the following:
- Internal Affairs Chair
- Student Affairs Chair
- Regional Representatives
If you are interested in being involved with the LLAA, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, degree & year, mailing address, phone number, and e-mail address in your message.
Join the LLAA LinkedIn Group