Center for Professional Development & Career Strategy
The Center for Professional Development & Career Strategy (Career Center) takes great pride in providing career services designed to help students and alumni connect with potential employers, explore a wide range of career choices, and identify and achieve their professional goals.
The career counselors are trained, licensed attorneys, who provide individual career counseling for all aspects of the career development and job search process. Each counselor specializes in a substantive area, including government, public interest, intellectual property, professional developments, diversity, evening students, alumni, and LL.M. counseling.
The Career Center also provides students and alumni with many other services:
- Career Resource Library: includes several hundred resources ranging from general legal career planning information to employer profiles and contact information.
- Panels and Programs: scheduled throughout the year and include skills training and practice area information. Often GW Law alumni participate, providing excellent networking opportunities for students.
- Job Postings: thousands of summer and permanent opportunities are posted every year. Postings are updated daily, and are advertised for students and alumni (who can apply directly) 24 hours a day through our web-based job posting and recruiting system, Symplicity.
- Diversity Events and Programs: includes annual job fairs for our diverse student body, programs in collaboration with minority student groups, and a counselor dedicated to serving minority students.
- Evening Students: extended hours and flexible scheduling, and a counselor dedicated to serving evening students.
- Public Interest Initiatives: a counselor is dedicated solely to Public Interest, assists with annual public interest recruiting and job fairs, and serves as the Pro Bono Liaison helping students identify pro bono opportunities.
For information on Alumni Career Development Services, please log into the Alumni Community.
Join the Alumni Career Advisor Network.
For additional Student Resources, please visit the Career Center Department information on the GW Law Portal.