What It Is Like to be A Friend
- Prospective Friends of the Jacob Burns Law Library include alumni, faculty, and students of The George Washington University Law School, members of The George Washington University community at large, and individual supporters, law firms, and corporate groups from outside the University community, all of whom are interested in the advancement of the Law Library. Anyone can be a Friend!
- Friends receive newsletters highlighting recent acquisitions and developments.
- Friends receive invitations to receptions and other events sponsored by the Law Library.
- Alumni of the Law School have access privileges automatically upon graduation. Alumni Friends making donations to the Law School at various suggested levels also are granted borrowing privileges.
- Friends not affiliated with The George Washington University Law School are granted access to the Law Library only. Individual Friends are granted borrowing privileges at certain suggested donation levels. Law firm and corporate Friends receive expedited interlibrary loan service for Law Library materials. Friends membership does not include access to limited-use databases or borrowing from other institutions.
- Privileges granted to Friends are not transferable. Please note that Gelman Library and Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library are separate organizations and do not grant access or privileges to Friends of the Jacob Burns Law Library.