Burns Dispatch: Document Delivery Service
Burns Dispatch is a non-profit, fee-based, document delivery service providing reproduction and circulation services for the collection of the Jacob Burns Law Library.
Requests must be made by sending a fax to 202.994.0433 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone requests are not accepted.
For more information, contact:
716 20th St. NW, Washington, DC 20052
Phone: 202.994.2768; Fax: 202.994.0433
Hours of Service
Burns Dispatch is available Monday - Friday, 9am - 4pm ET. The service is unavailable anytime the Jacob Burns Law Library is closed due to University policy.
Services & Fees
View fees by service type.
Friends members have special services and fees. For information about joining this special program please contact Burns Dispatch (see above).
Service Completion Times
- Standard requests: All requests received before 1pm will be processed the same day. Any requests received after 1pm will be processed by the next business day.
- Rush Service at an additional charge:
On Demand: $35.00
- All rush requests will be done within two hours of receipt of the request.
- Any rush request received after 2pm will be processed by 11am the next business day.
- Long-distance fax (outside of the metro-DC area) will involve an additional fee of $2.00
- Federal Express or United Parcel Service with client's account number
A signed copyright form [pdf] must be on file before any order will be processed.
Invoicing and Payment
Clients will be invoiced weekly. Payable upon receipt.
Suspension of Service
Clients will be suspended from use of the service for the following reasons:
- Non-payment of invoice
- Overdue materials
Service for international clients will be considered on an individual basis. Please contact Burns Dispatch for additional information.