Animal Law Ambassador
In April of 2015, Spirit, the feline ambassador of the Animal Law Program, passed away. Read a tribute of this much loved cat below.
Her name, Spirit, says it all! Spirit came from humble beginnings born on the streets of DC to a community cat who was TNR’d by Alley Cat Allies in 2004. Spirit and her siblings came to the Schaffner household as fosters. While her two siblings were adopted, Spirit became a permanent Schaffner and the feline ambassador to the GW Animal Law Program.
Spirit was truly special, touching the hearts of thousands of people who met her at GW at a variety of animal law events representing the many animals we are working to protect. For five years, Spirit was the feline who introduced the No Kill Conference, welcoming hundreds of attendees each year to the conference and stealing the show every year! She loved the spotlight, was incredibly photogenic, and the perfect host.
We have lost a very special feline friend and will miss her dearly. Yet, Spirit’s spirit will live on in our hearts forever. Rest in peace dear Spirit.
- Areas of Study
- Administrative Law & Government Regulation
- Advanced Torts
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Animal Law
- Business & Finance Law
- Commercial Law
- Constitutional Law & Civil Rights
- Criminal Law & Procedure
- Environmental & Energy
- Family Law & Estate Planning
- Government Procurement
- Health Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- International & Comparative Law
- Labor and Employment
- Litigation & the Judicial Process
- National Security & U.S. Foreign Relations Law
- National Security & Cybersecurity Law
- Property and Land Development
- Taxation Law
- Field Placement
- Public Interest & Pro Bono
- Study Abroad & Exchange Programs
- Research Centers & Initiatives
- Academic Calendar
- The Bulletin
- Academic Services