Library Hours of Service
READING PERIOD & EXAMINATIONS
- December 2-15
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 11:45PM
- Saturday - Sunday 9:00am - 11:45pm
- Friday, Dec. 16 8:00am - 6:45pm
- Dec. 17 - Jan. 7 9:00am - 4:45pm
- Friday, Dec. 23 - Monday, Dec. 26 CLOSED
- Friday, Dec. 30 - Monday, Jan. 2 CLOSED
Regular Schedule: January 8 – May 4
- Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 11:45 pm
- Saturday - Sunday 9:00 am - 11:45 pm
Reference Services Schedule
- Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Saturday - Sunday 10:00am - 7:00pm
MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. DAY
- Jan. 15, Sunday 9:00am - 6:45pm
- Jan. 16, Monday CLOSED
- Jan. 19, Thursday 8:00am - 9:45pm
- Jan. 20, Friday CLOSED
- Feb. 19, Sunday 9:00am - 6:45pm
- Feb. 20, Monday CLOSED
- March 3, Friday 8:00am - 6:45pm
- March 4, Saturday - March 11, Saturday 9:00am - 6:45pm
- March 12, Sunday 9:00am - 11:45pm
READING PERIOD & EXAMINATIONS
- April 19 - May 4 (regular schedule)
- May 5, Friday 8:00am - 6:45pm
- May 6 - May 21 9:00am - 5:45pm
REGULAR SUMMER SCHEDULE BEGINS MAY 22
- Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 9:45pm
- Friday - Sunday 9:00am - 5:45pm
Jacob Burns Law Library is reserved for the use of the following persons:
- The faculty, students, and staff of the George Washington University Law School
- Faculty, students and staff of the George Washington University who need to use the library for legal research
- Alumni of the George Washington University Law School
- Friends of the Jacob Burns Law Library
Learn more about access and services.
During reading and examination periods, access is limited to G.W. Law School students, faculty, and alumni and Friends of the Jacob Burns Law Library. The library is not available for use as a study hall except to currently enrolled G.W. law students.
Questions regarding the Law Library's access policy may be directed to Deborah Norwood, Assistant Director for Public Services, firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.994.7338.
The following types of identification are required in order to gain access to the Law Library:
- Faculty, students, and staff of the George Washington University Law School must present a valid GWorld card. Adjunct faculty of the George Washington University Law School should obtain a GW identification card upon appointment, which is nontransferable and admits only the adjunct faculty member for the teaching semester.
- Other members of the George Washington University community must present a valid GWorld identification card.
- Alumni of the George Washington University Law School must present a Law Alumni Association card and photo identification card. Law Alumni Association cards are nontransferable and admit alumnus only.
- Friends of the Jacob Burns Law Library must present a current Friend of the Jacob Burns Law Library pass.
OCLC Shares Libraries Students and Faculty
Students and faculty from OCLC Shares institutions may be granted daily admission to the library upon showing a photo ID from an OCLC Shares institution.
Please contact your home institution for information about its OCLC Shares membership.