Election 2020: What Happens Next?
GW hosts a special conversation featuring a wide range of GW-only experts—academics, who have been studying the issues for decades. They will discuss the current state of election 2020, the climate of the country, and where we go from here. Join us live for GW's official election coverage and gain a perspective you won't find anywhere else.
Participants and Topics*:
- Paul Schiff Berman, Walter S. Cox Professor of Law, GW Law
- The Courts (including the Supreme Court) and the validity of the election results
- Lara M. Brown, Associate Professor and Director, Graduate School of Political Management
- Presidential character and approach to leadership
- Spencer Overton, Professor of Law, GW Law
- Counting of ballots, absentee voting, and the electoral college
- Leana Wen, Visiting Professor of Health Policy and Management, Milken Institute School of Public Health
- Implications for the COVID-19 pandemic
- Frank Sesno, Director of Strategic Initiatives, School of Media and Public Affairs (Moderator)
*Subject to change