Each month, GW Law hosts numerous events that cover a variety of exciting and interesting topics. Below are videos of select events from the Fall 2017 semester.
Intellectual Property as Seen by Barbie and Mickey
The Reciprocal Relationship of Copyright and Trademarks
The Intellectual Property Law Program hosted Jane Ginsburg, Morton L. Janklow Professor of Literary and Artistic Property Law at Columbia Law School, for the 13th Christopher A. Meyer Memorial Lecture.
Privacy, Data Protection & Security: Getting Started in Privacy
- General Overview: Privacy, Data Protection & Security Law
- Role of Privacy Lawyers (a) In-House and (b) Outside Counsel
- Favorite Things about Being a Privacy Lawyer
- Suggestions for Steps to Take to Prepare to be a Privacy Lawyer
- Debra Bromson, Assistant General Counsel, AAA Club Alliance Inc.
- Margaret Gloecke, VP, Privacy & Compliance Counsel, A + E Networks
- Ashley Slavik, Senior Counsel and Data Protection Officer, Veeva Systems Inc.
- Laura Schmidt, Associate, White & Williams
Moderator: Howard Reissner, JD ‘79, Chief Executive Officer, Planet Data; Chair, Programs Subcommittee; GW Law Alumni Association
A Conversation with the Dean: Rich Slivka
Moderator: Blake D. Morant, Dean and Robert Kramer Research Professor of Law, GW Law
Panelist: Rich Slivka, JD '69, General Counsel, Denver Broncos