Please join us virtually for this year's Third Annual Antitrust & Tech Conference co-hosted by The George Washington University Competition Law Center and Crowell & Moring, which will focus on how antitrust enforcement and proposed reforms to the merger guidelines and beyond may impact transactions in digital—and non-digital—markets.
Former leading enforcers, academics, and practitioners will explore how merger activity in digital markets has led to a call for increased merger enforcement and revisions to the horizontal and vertical merger guidelines in the US; how the guidelines and enforcement may change; and what this will mean in practice for companies engaging in transactions in all industries. We will conclude with a fireside chat that will reflect on the discussions among the first two panels and what it all means for future merger enforcement.
- Elizabeth Bailey, Lecturer, MBA Program for Executives at The Wharton School; Vice President and Special Consultant, NERA
- Andrew I. Gavil, Professor, Howard University School of Law; Senior of Counsel, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Joseph Farrell, Professor, Graduate School in the Department of Economics at the University of California at Berkeley; Partner, Bates White Economic Consulting
- Shawn R. Johnson, Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
- William E. Kovacic, Global Competition Professor of Law and Policy; Director, George Washington University Competition Law Center; and Non-Executive Director, Competition and Markets Authority
- Diana L. Moss, President, American Antitrust Institute
- Carl Shapiro, Transamerica Professor Emeritus of Business Strategy, Hass School of Business and the Department of Economics at the University of California at Berkeley; Senior Consultant, Charles River Associates
- Jeane A. Thomas, Partner, Crowell & Moring LLP
- Sandeep Vahessan, Legal Director, Open Markets Institute
- Joshua D. Wright, Executive Director of the Global Antitrust Institute; Professor, Department of Economics, George Mason Antonin Scalia Law School
10:00 AM – 10:55 AM
Panel 1: How We Got Here: What Prompted the Critique of U.S. Merger Enforcement Policy?
11:00 AM – 11:55 AM
Panel 2: Prospects for Reform of the Merger Guidelines: Options and Implications
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Fireside Chat: A Conversation About the Future of U.S. Merger Policy
For questions about this event, please contact Kristen Walker, [email protected].